Sunday, October 12, 2008
There are only two things to worry about -- either you are sick or you are well.
If you are well, there is nothing to worry about.
If you are sick, there are only two things to worry about -- either you will live or you will die.
If you will live, there is nothing to worry about.
If you die, there are only two things to worry about -- either you will go to heaven or you will go to hell.
If you go to heaven, there is nothing to worry about.
And if you go to hell, you'll be so busy shaking hands with old friends, you won't have time to worry.
So, WHY WORRY?
When you're losing your mind, it is important to keep your sense of humor.
10 Ways to Help Ease Anxiety:
1. Slow, Long, Deep Breathing (lengthen your exhale)
2. A Brisk Walk (outside if possible)
3. Affirmations (stop the runaway train of mental panic, with statements such as "I am safe" and "I trust the process of life.")
4. A Warm Bath
5. A Warm Oil Massage (can be a self-massage)
6. Bach Flower Rescue Remedy
7. Herbs for Anxiety -- skullcap, passionflower, hops, valerian, etc.
8. Amino Acids and Nutrients for Anxiety -- L-Theanine, GABA, 5-HTP or L-Tryptophan, B-Complex, Calcium/Magnesium, etc.
9. Talk with a Supportive Friend for reassurance
10. Professional Counseling and/or Prescription Medication, if necessary.
You CAN feel better!