Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dangers of Antibiotics, Vulvodynia, and Healing Prayers


Since I'm struggling with my health lately, I would love it if you could send me some positive healing energy or prayers. It turns out I had an adverse allergic reaction to the antibiotic Cipro this summer, and it may be months before I've fully recovered. Meanwhile, I've got chronic pain, neurological damage, & inflammation to the point I've been unable to work or do much, and my emotional health has justifiably gone downhill as well. It's a healing crisis, and I'm doing everything I can to get well again, and to ride this out as well as possible.

Here's info about what's happened to me (the dangers of quinolone drugs):
http://www.fluoroquinolones.org/
http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/features/cipro-side-effects-antibiotic-drug-7.html

Having gone through natural childbirth twice (including tearing my labia), plus several car accidents, various sprains, daily neck/shoulder/back pain for the past two years, three root canal surgeries, and numerous bouts of suicidal depression, I can clearly say, without a doubt, this is the WORST HEALING CRISIS and most painful experience I have ever had in my entire life. It is lasting months and no matter how hard I try, recovery is unbelievably slow.

The worst part is the part of my body that is affected is my genitals, so I cannot sit comfortably, wear underwear or pants, or enjoy any sexual experiences, so my quality of life has gone way down hill. And since my genital area is the affected area, there is a feeling of embarrassment and secrecy -- a truly invisible disability with a layer of shame and a permeating feeling of vulnerability and unsafety at my root chakra.

I am hoping to get through the other side of this, offer advice to others about helpful treatments through my blog, and help others avoid my fate if possible. Avoid any unnecessary antibiotic use!!!

Here's a link with lots more info about vulvodynia (my current condition) and some of the treatments I'm trying: http://www.vulvodynia.com/faq.htm

Sorry about the rant. Here's a more cheerful link for fun: http://peteyandpetunia.com/VoteHere/VoteHere.htm
And please get out the vote!

So please send me some healing energy and good thoughts -- I need all the help I can get!

Love, Anita

2 comments:

asha luciana said...

Dear Anita,
I had no idea how much you were still suffering! Thank you for sharing so openly and bravely. You are such a being of light and through your blog you will be of service to so many!
I will be sending you love and healing light. I can already see you healthy.
Love,
Madhuliika

Anonymous said...

Dear Anita,
I empathize with what you're saying because I've experienced similar feelings and conditions. And I wouldn't have imagined this unless I had actually experienced it, but troubles associated with your sexual organs are difficult to deal with emotionally...like you said, it sort of feels like an embarrassment, or stripping away of intimacy, among other things.

If you ever need someone to talk to, please let me know. Also, if you ever need someone to do your shopping, run your errands (if you don't feel like going out or you can't) or any help with your children, I'd love to help when i can.

You may already have all the help you need, but please know that you are not alone and that there are people on which you can count.

Thank you for continuing to share your stories of healing!

All the best,
Sabina