Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!


Here are my three New Year's resolutions for 2009:

"We are all one."

I want to connect and contribute to community and society. Working with others to serve the greater good, with integrity, would bring more fulfillment than being isolated at home. These four walls have been closing in more and more since my health has declined, and I yearn to reach out and rejoin society in a meaningful and helpful way.

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

I want to reawaken my dormant childhood dreams and live them! If not now, when? Art, writing, travel, and other creative adventures beckon.... I already feel old at mid-life, and I'm not getting any younger. I have my share of family responsibilities and personal challenges, no doubt. Still, I'm eager to play and enjoy my life while I still can.

"I'm ill -- not dead!"

So, I'm sick... so what? I've spent most of my time, energy, and money during the past six months struggling to get well. I am about 80% better now, and that's good enough. To spend any more time-energy-money trying cure my incurable illnesses (and likely failing) would waste more precious months of my life. I've been home sick far too long already, and time's a-wastin'. Even though I am ill, I am still going to LIVE my life!

"L'Chaim" -- to life!

May we all live life fully and completely in the coming year, and contribute whatever we can to the evolution of society and the healing and happiness of all beings.

Happy New Year to All!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like your site and ideas, keep up the good work.